Friday, December 31, 2010

#Reverb10-Prompt 25

Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you
from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are,
or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand
words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about
you.
____________________________________________________________________



This photo was taken in Cape Cod Massachusetts the day of a family friend's wedding on September 18th, 2010. This photo was taken by a good friend named Sas who has guided me through many situations, often without her even knowing it!
I love this photo particularly because it represents all of the changes I went through in 2010. I lost 35 pounds by the time this photo was taken and was/still am on my way to dropping another 20 for 2K11. This photo also represents the confidence I hope that I embody and the confidence that I hope that I can continue to tap into, be proud of and make my own. In other blogs I have talked about how hard it has been for me to own my confidence, and more importantly --own me. Well this picture captures a moment where I started to OWN IT! This day also does that as well, I began to notice my inner beauty a lot more this day as many of the wedding guests, friends and family were noticing my outer beauty. It is something else to be able to say that you are proud of the person you have become and can only hope to continue to grow in light and in love.
I hope that the smiling, proud young woman continues to be just as happy and full of pride in 2K11 as she was on 9-18-10

No comments: