Monday, December 20, 2010

#Reverb10- Prompt 15

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in
five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most
want to remember about 2010.
_______________________________________________________________________

If I could capture a few things to remember bout 2010, I would definitely remember my 25th birthday. Turning 25 was the moment that changed the confidence I have had in myself. I have become more positive in my thinking and have let go of all of the extra clutter in my life. So that is one memory that I would love to hold on to from 2010, the moment where I got my life back (started living).
Another memory that I would love to capture from my 2010 memory bank is of course my graduation from American University. If I do nothing with my Master's degree, than what I do have is the fact that I received my BA, one goal of mine that while I didn't expect it to take this long, it was something that I achieved for myself. I am very proud to have set out to reach a goal, get there and surpass even my own expectations while doing it.
The last memory I would like to hold on to from 2010 is the moment I let go of a true love. He may not know who he is, but I do. And I know what he meant to me and while I never told him it is something that I don't want to forget. Mainly because I don't want to forget the reality of letting go. There are reasons why we say goodbye to people, because they are only meant to be in our lives for a minute or a season, and so I need to remember this in order to move forward.

No comments: