Sunday, December 19, 2010

#Reverb10-Prompt 13

When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?
____________________________________________________________________________

There is something about this prompt that is a little funny. Why? Because action seems to be my motto. My university personal statement was about "Ideas into Action and action into service" something of a motto at our school. And something that I believe in as well. I also use this saying often " Actions speak louder than words" I believe whole heartedly that my actions speak much louder than the words that I say. If I am going to get anywhere in life I want my actions to be able to attest to the person that I want to be.
So when it comes to my aspirations the same metality applies. I have many goals in life and it is easier to say that one day I will reach these goals versus actually doing something to get to those goals. I have been through a lot in my life and I have never left any these obstacles stop me from acheiving my goals. If I stop for one moment, by giving up or sucummbing to my own fear of not reaching these goals than I ultimately should just turn the clock back 6 years and continued working at Chili's after High School. It would have saved me a lot of money and a lot of stress, that's for sure. But that's not what this life is about. I do the things that I do to ensure that I have a legacy to leave behind me. While I would like to rest, there is no rest for the driven. I can rest once I know that the goals and dreams I have set for my family, my legacy are fullfilled. Sucess is even more of an aspiration because generational wealth is not something that many Black families are able to pass on to their families and it is something that I definitely want to pass on to my children. I want them to still have to work because the value of working is important but I want them to also have a little bit of ease in the choices that they make because I have provided enough for them. I don't want to have my children feel the things that I have to feel and have felt due to a lack of financial stability etc. So I "grind" like I do so that I can live my life with a little bit of ease and begin to set the foundation for my family to do the same. The next step is to continue to do me, to continue on this path that God has set for me because I feel it in my bones and in my heart that this is where I am meant to be and this is where I will continue to do the most work until I am told otherwise.

No comments: