Monday, December 20, 2010

#Reverb10-Prompt 14

What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?
_____________________________________________________________________________

This is not at all a need to toot my own horn, but I have to say that one thing I have come to appreciate the most this past year is myself. I have lived my life for so long trying to please other people and making sure others were satisfied before I began to "take care" of myself. But this year I got in tune with myself. From experience I know that people tend to say that as individuals we don't really know the type of people we want to be, but I have been blessed to at least have an idea of the person that I want to become. But what I have been lacking was confidence in myself, and for the first time I feel that I am finally in sync with who I want to be and what I want to become.
How do I express gratitude for this, I live my life better than the day before and continue to live my life to the fullest and to the best of my abilities. I do not want to get held up in the things I can't control, only the things that I can. And I know that because I have allowed myself to become more confident in the things I know that I am good at I have begun to have more positive habits to lean on. For instance I have had weight issues for most of my adolescent to adult life, and this is the first year that I have not teetered back and forth in the weight gain/loss swing. I have held on to the growth that I have created and I have continued to stick with the program. Something that I can only hope I continue to do in order to get to where I want to go.
So in my appreciation of myself and how far I have come in my self development and my identity support, I show my gratitude by not forgetting how far I have come and where I want to go. I show my gratitude by continuing to be committed to my goals and my dreams.

No comments: