Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#Reverb10-Prompt 6


What was the last thing you made? What materials did you
use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time
for it?
___________________________________________________________________________________

The last thing I made was dinner. Thanksgiving dinner to be exact. Materials, well I used cooking materials pots, pans and this beautiful new knife set that I was given by a coworker. This was my second Thanksgiving dinner that I cooked practically all by myself and it was great. I made homemade mashed potatoes, a big Turkey with a honey glaze. OOO! and the best, I made a spinach and artichoke dip as an appetizer, I think the crockpot is my new best friend especially after being able to do that.

Interestingly enough there is something I do want to make and need to clear some time for it. I have been working on a scrapbook for my sister for nearly 2 years. But I hardly have the time to be able to do it. Which is unfortunate because I think it would be a gift that she would like to have. Part of it is that I need to clear time and the other part is that I need to let go of the emotion causing me fear. The scrapbook is in remembrance of my niece who passed away 2 years ago. While its been 2 years there are things that my sister wants to hold close to her and I don't know if I am ready to bring that emotion up for her.

Maybe it will be something that I challenge myself to do in this upcoming year.

No comments: