Friday, December 31, 2010

#Reverb10- Prompt 24

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
_______________________________________________________________________
The best moment of 2010 that served as proof that everything would be alright had to be hands down: sitting in Philly by the waterfront after participating in a job interview; and checking my email to find out that I had gotten into Grad School. I have had a path set ahead for me to be able to reach all of my goals and one of those goals were to go to American University and graduate with both my BA and my MA. And here I am, at American University I have my BA degree and working towards my MA.
I have always been a worry wort, I know that I don't have the financial stability to achieve these goals on my own, but they are not things that I am giving up on either. I have prayed about it and while I do have my doubts and like I said worry- I always seem to think that the other shoe is going to fall and the goals I have before me are just one step away from slipping away from me. But truth be told, my dreams are closer than I could ever imagine and getting into the school of my dreams and doing the things that I am has made me realize even more how blessed I am and yes "Things will be alright!"
I think I need to know to have a little bit more faith. I haven't been steered wrong by God, He always has my back, even when I feel that I am in the worst of times He has made it possible to live another day. So what I need to do in order to incorporate this discover into the year ahead is I need to just TRUST the path I am on and keep moving forward.

No comments: