Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing- #reverb10 Prompt 2

Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your
writing -- and can you eliminate it?

To be honest, the time that I spend on Facebook definitely does not contribute to my writing. I spend more time on Facebook than I do actually writing or focusing on my reading so that I can write better and stronger.
But can I eliminate it? Not fully, part of writing is sharing with your audience. and Facebook is that audience (to an extent). What I can do however, is I can limit the time that I spend on Facebook. Spending an hour a day versus the 5 I tend to spend.
I think the biggest part about my what I do each day that doesn't contribute to my writing is READING. I do not do enough READING and that is frustrating beyond anything! My goal for winter break and for the next semester is to read a book a week-- and not just a book for class but a book for leisure. One that keeps me engaged, one that shows me good writing, ones that will continue to let me grow in my writing style.

So here is to the shortcomings we have and the steps we take to correct them

No comments: