Thursday, December 23, 2010

#Reverb10- Prompt 22


How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
______________________________________________________________________
My travel in 2010 was light. I mainly drove between D.C. and NY. However, I did spend a day in Philly met up with a friend while I was there had lunch and just hung out. This spring I also spent a week in New Orleans and Mississippi.
Next year however, I have high aspirations for travel. I would like to revisit the places I spent time in as a child. So I would like to do a tour of the U.S before I am 30, just one huge road trip between the states eating my way through this great country and just seeing the country.
I plan to make my first international trip in 2011, returning to the country of my heritage--Haiti. I can't wait to go and be of service to a place that holds a very dear place in my heart. While I do not think I will be financially stable to travel as I want to, what I do know is that I have made plans to travel and travel far. I am making plans for a trip to Spain and Europe. I want to spend a weekend in Chicago (but only in the summer). 2011 will bring my first trip back to Cali after 2 years. Much needed, you have NO CLUE what the Bay Area means to me and I would do anything to just be able to go, even if it was for a day or even 3 days. I would make it all work.
Traveling is something I have always enjoyed and something that I want to do more of. And given that I AM 25, I have the ability to do more and see more of the world at this age than I will once I am working and start my family.
So traveling is a high priority for the new year.

No comments: