Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#Reverb10- Prompt 12

This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?
___________________________________________________________________________

There is not one time when I feel most integrated with my body, but there are definitely moments this year where I have felt more connected to my body than I have had in a long time and that is when I run.
When I run I take the time to think, to talk to God and to just get in touch and sort out the thoughts that I have in my head. Running is therapy at times, especially when I have had a hard day, i am able to clear my head and think about all of the things that are bothering me. It helps me sort the clutter and come up with a game plan to let it all go.
When I started running it was hard for me, I never felt like I could breathe right, I was always stopping short and it just didn't seem as if I had it at all together. But now after running for the last, what?, 2 years, I run and it's like my body doesn't skip a beat. Especially when there are times that I don't run consistently. I find that I am more in tune when I am able to run long distances after taking these longer breaks in between running days. I used to have to talk (literally) talk myself into running further distances. But now I just do it, it is seamless and actually a lot of fun. So when I run, or workout I feel that my body and my mind are the most in sync. I don't have the distraction of a cell phone to be focused on, it is just me and my body working hard to achieve a certain goal.

No comments: