Friday, December 10, 2010

#Reverb10-Prompt 7

Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

______________________________________________________________________________

I am not sure what makes me different from other people. I know that my life has been made up of many different experiences, however I don't know if that truly makes me different from others. I can tell you what makes people light up about me though. People light up about me because of the passion that I have. I am very passionate about many things. I am not sure of what my life will be like when I get to the end of wherever I am going, but what I do know is that I want to be able to help people. I want to make a difference in the world around me, one that is going to make people, communities and the world much better. We can only strive to be the best that we can be and I don't believe that I will be the best if I don't make other people better as well.
The road I have set for me is not going to be something of an easy task. It won't pay me much, it won't support me or the goals I have for my family as much as I would like, but you know what it's not about the money it's about the end result. My biggest goal is being able to make the world better for my children to live in. So I do what I can. I don't know what drives me, well that's not true. God drives me, He has had me on this path and guided me through so much that it is only Him that knows what lies ahead. I pray everyday for the strength to keep going.
I think the other thing that makes me different is the amount of adversity I have overcome and the level of grace and class that I have managed to get through it all. People don't often know how "hard" the road has been, but the thing that I have learned the most is adaptation. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. So I guess this is me being stronger.

No comments: