Saturday, January 1, 2011

#Reverb10-Prompt 29

Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.
_____________________________________________________________________________
The defining moment of my 2010 was stepping on the scale and learning that I had lost 35lbs! I have had the most up and down life of trying to "control" my weight. So there was something to be said about me sticking to my plan, dropping the weight and receiving many compliments from family and friends who noticed an difference. Even I notice a difference myself, when clothes I used to wear a fitting me much better than they did when I bought them. Or clothes right now are too big.
Losing a particular amount has never been the concern for me. It has actually been about me reaching a goal-- my goal for myself is to get a 4pack by May. So by the time I am done with a year of Grad School I want to have a 4pack. I want to be bikini ready for the summer and I want to look FABULOUS!
I have had in the past trouble being consistent and while I still have had time conflicts my inconsistency hasn't been as bad as it has been in the past. For the first time I feel that I am actually managing it a lot better. That time off hasn't lasted months like it normally has, it is now only a few days. And that to me is wonderfully fabulous! So I am hoping that in the new year I can continue to grow in this fashion and that I reach my goal for the 2K11 It's all about keep the PGS moving!

No comments: