Saturday, January 1, 2011

#Reverb10-Prompt 27

Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?
____________________________________________________________________________
So I realize that this might be a little cheesy but I am going to go there anyway. I am so busy most of the year, that honestly my ordinary joy is a cup of hot chocolate a good book or movie and chillaxin with my family. The reason why I say I know it's cheesy it because I am 25- I should be going out partying it up etc. But I feel like I spent most of my party years back in Cali and now it's time to be a little bit of a grown up. I do have fun, but when I just need to be happy and stay grounded spending time with my niece and my nephews is where I feel the most joy.
It is easy there is no buys schedule, trying to maximize the most of a day, it is all about going at a pace and just enjoying the time.
So this year my most joyful ordinary moment actually came recently and that was chilling at home during the holidays and watching movies with the family. Everyone all bundled up on the couch passing popcorn and watching some crazy movie. Those are the moments I love and those are the moments I can't wait to have with a family of my own some day soon.

No comments: