Friday, November 12, 2010

Letter # 4

Dear Y_______________,
So I have had a few "Truths' to tell you.. But I haven't had a need to actually "say" it outloud or in type. But I will combine a few of my latest ones because I think they fit very well together and basically they speak everything I would like to say to you as of right now..
1) You must have gotten me confused with some other version of myself.. Do not get it twisted, my kindness has a limit and your time is about up.

Lately you have been telling my that I have been acting different. That because I do not text you as often or jump to say hi right away that there is soemthing wrong with me. And I have tried to explain it to you that "actions speak louder than words" that you need to actually do something in order to make me feel like our friendship or whatever this current state of our realtionship is worth it for me to invest in. I AM a nice person and part of that personality is that I care passionately about the people I let in my life. But here is the truth, my kindness can only go so far. And if you think that being mean to me, or copping an attitude whenever you want is going to make me continue to be nice you have another thing coming. I am nice, but I'm not stupid. I work hard to foster the realtionships that I have created and I wish that you would do the same and take some time to invest in this freindship or I am sorry to tell you my friend, you are going to lose out on one of the best supports you could have ever had...

Which leads me into point #2) You've changed. It's not because I had feelings for you and I am feeling bitter. But the person that I had respected, the person that I had ACTUALLY liked is definitely gone. You once asked me " What kind of person does this situation make me. What have my choices done to impact how you see me?" Right now I can tell you that it makes you different. Putting an investment in one person or avenue is not going to make your goals flourish and watching you cut things and people out of your life that would only enhance the person I know you can be, it means that you have changed. I wish you would figure it out, you've lost your path and it sucks watching you go down this way. I would love to tell you about yourself, but it's not my place. So I will just continue to write and hopefully leave little morsels into your life that you may pick up on the parts of yourself that you have walked away from. Remember that the person you are today is building the foundation of the person you will be tomorrow and the vision that you once had of yourself is not the person you are building today.
-K

No comments: