Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bringing back a little bit of that puppy love feeling...

Came across this song do to a Tweet that came through on my Twitter feed (follow me @njc89)

Anyways I watched the video and it brought back a little bit of that "puppy love" feeling you get when you first realize that you like someone. The little "play" between Drake and Rihanna is what makes me miss relationships (let me dive a little deeper here for a minute). I have never been the girl to really "do relationships." I have had friendships, that have bordered the line of bf-gf territory, but I had for the longest time been VERY comfortable without having titles and just being friends who hung out or were "talking." The reason in part that I was trying to get away from the titles, was because in my own way I was trying to figure out how I could get away from the mistakes my parents made and the reason why they got divorced- in my head, if you didn't have those titles, you couldn't fall in love and you couldn't get hurt.. I know now the difference, but tell that to a teenager/young adult and she'd think you were crazy. Today that young adult has grown up and values the "Real" relationships she has had, because they taught her a little bit more about how to take a different path in her life and I guess they have shown me still the ways in which I can "avoid the fate of my parents." But needless to say it is in these relationships that those little moments, a laugh here or there with someone else, who you know at least in that moment cares about you. Those fleeting moments that make the butterflies in your stomach creep up in the most unexpected ways, and those moments where you think that you might have caught a glimpse of that "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow"- LOVE. Well, this video "What's My name" by Rihanna featuring Drake does just that. It brings me a little closer to that feeling of those fleeting moments. I am not sure if the song on its own would have had that much of an impact on me- had I not seen the video. But I think it is in the video that I really find that small window of Life existing. So to whoever directed this music video, JOB WELL DONE, to take a simple concept and make it something relatable , fun and cute!
Let me know what you think.. here is the video

WHAT'S MY NAME?" Rihanna ft. Drake
brought to you by YouTube!

No comments: