Saturday, October 23, 2010

Letter # 3- Thanks for listening

Dear Y__________,
I just wanted to say thanks for listening and thanks for being patient. I realize that for you this is a really wierd situation. You didn't ask for someone to like you and you didn't probably ask for this situation to get sticky.
I appreciate you wanting to make sure that the two people that you care about in this situation are okay. But you can't be worrying about how my feelings affect my reactions towards her. Yes this sucks. I like a guy who likes someone else. But you know what that is life, and it happens. Am I upset, not really- just a little bummed. Am I going to cry, probably. Am I going to be agitated, yes. But will I get over it, yes with time.
We had a conversation today where I was finally able to voice my frustration with how you were handling this situation. And I am ever so thankful that you just listened. It's going to be slow working out being friends without me wanting more, but you have at least shown me that you truly want to be freinds and I guess that is something to look forward to.
I can't lie by saying that your actions make this much harder to walk away, but I am doing what I know I should do for the betterment of this relationship. And one day maybe I'll finally figure this whole realtionship thing out. But I just hope that whoever catches me, has some qualities that you have... It's funny how there are pieces of people that you want to hold onto throughout your life. Even when the time that that person spent in your life might have been complicated, it's nice to see that in my complication that I am able to see that there are definitely qualities in you that I know I want in my life forever.
But as I was saying before, I wanted to just say "thank you for listening" thank you for not only listening but taking what I have to say to heart and living it. This being, I have a friends going through similar situations and my complications are all internal, where theirs are external and are starting with lack of communication. More importantly I guess thanks for being invested in me as a friend. You have shown me that I'm not the only " nice" person out there.
Here's to another day of healing...
--K

No comments: