Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Storms won't last....

So I might have mentioned in another post, that I was raised in the church. As long as I can remember I was raised in the Catholic Church. When I was moved to California the Catholic Church that my mom had me going to just seem to closed in, I couldn't understand how we could preach one thing, "love thy neighbor," and then talk down on people who are "different." It was frustrating and a moment of conflict for me, so I removed myself from that church and I think that I have become more spiritual than I am religious- because of it. But I believe in God, there is no doubt about that, I wouldn't be where I am today without Him and I will forever sing His praise.
Lately I have been going through it though, and that road always seems so dark when you are struggling to make sense of the world around you and your place in the world around you. I am awaiting news on my Grad School application, and that fear has been eating me up so much that my faith has sort of wavered. Not so much the faith, but I have been consumed with doubt. It has been a long hard two weeks, of many tears and many prayers and asking many questions as well as getting many questions answered. Well this morning I woke up in so much peace, and then I heard this song- There are some points in it that Bishop TD Jakes says to Kirk Franklin and that Kirk Franklin says to TD Jakes that are the moments that even I know when I have wavered. Worried that in the midst of all my pain, how can I be delivered. But like TD Jakes says " Although your heart is heavy, your burdens HE will bear."
I feel HIM around me in everything I do, and I know that He has gotten me this far that even if the journey is not what I had planned, it is still the right one for me. I'm not one to preach or pull someone to the word of God, and I know that I still have my faults, but I know when I am blessed and when I have a testimony, and so for me today, I am so thankful to just be at peace of mind, and know wholeheartedly that no matter what I will face, I will find favor in the end because HE is there beside me. So to this I want to share with you the song that sort of woke me up. And then if I can find another video, the one that keeps me so much more blessed...

911- Kirk Franklin and Bishop TD Jakes



And the song that just gets into my heart everytime and is just the PERFECT Prayer:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful keesha!

I hope God Willing you will find nothing but success and happiness when it comes to Grad school. I will pray that you get it.

In Islam we have a similar understanding of what you were talking about. One is that we believe. God doesnt put anyone on this earth with a burden more than he or she can bear.
Also, number two the Quran states lovingly, "Verily with hardship comes easy, with hardship comes easy." Its not the hardship that neccessarily makes you stronger, its your patience and resilience and faith that you hold on to that not only will lesson your burden but give you strength to conquer it. Keep your head up and keep trekking mama!!!