Thursday, June 17, 2010

Name that tune...

Well sort of. I want to play a little Truth or dare, but really more all truths, lol. I have been in a little song kick this week and so I wanted to share some more songs and not so much go into detail about my life, but give you all a little bit more insight into the mind behind the beauty.. Lol
So let's go.
Truth: I want to get married. When? Idk. But someday eventually and when I get married, I want this song to play when I walk down the aisle. I know it's not traditional and my sister will probably say it's out of the question, but if I could do it I would do it. I want this song to play and I want to have a little dance number with my bridal party and I having a little walk of fun down the aisle. I mean weddings should be a celebration right?


Okay so maybe this won't be like when I walk down the aisle but maybe the bridal party can enter to this song and do a little dance.. Lol

Truth 2:
I am a HOPELESS romantic. Deep down I LOVE, love. I love the way movies make me feel with their dramatic stories about love and romance. I mean given I know that my relationship won't be like one in a movie- it will be BETTER! Ha! But I just can't wait to be in love, again, those fleeting moments are great, even after the heartache, the memories of the good times are great. So this one sort of speaks that love to me. There is no other way to say it. This song also played at my friends' (Marcel & Dot) wedding..



Truth 3:
I LOVE country! I grew up in Ohio, so I know what it is like to listen to some old school country on a random evening in the middle of nowhere. Even though this group isn't really old school I still love them.
Rascal Flatts, I'm going to post a few because well I like them:







and the best song, I think that truly takes on the romantic in me:




Truth 4:
Rap/Hip Hop is more or less where I find grounding. Well Hip Hop, is raw, real, cutthroat, angry and even soft at times. I think my love of Hip Hop is probably also one of the things that feed into my passion for social justice (check out my "Be The Change" blog for more details). This particular artist was one of the greatest minds, at least to me. Reading his poetry and watching his interviews, he was smart. His birthday was yesterday, he would have been 39.[I'm editing this piece today September 13, 2010, 14 years after he was killed] RIP 'Pac:



People always try to speculate on who will fill the void now that 'Pac and Big have died. Here is my thing, I love 'Pac- as a rapper he was a genius as a human being despite his "troubled" life, he was an amazing individual who had so much insight and had so much to offer, I just don't think the world was ready. So I have said this in other blogs that Eminem really filled a void for me when 'Pac died and well here is a song that I love of his, off of RECOVERY:

This is his love song to Hip Hop and I mean it's his release at the same time. I just ugh! If you haven't gotten into RECOVERY you need to get your act together..


* Sorry for the vulgarity, but I need something raw and real.

Alright so this is what I have for now, I'll add some more truths as I feel them out.

No comments: