Friday, October 22, 2010

Letter #2- Actions speak louder than words

Dear Y__________,
This back and forth thing we do makes me wonder if the person you are trying to convince more about your "value" to me is yourself. You tell me that I should set myself up to look at other people and not to focus my energy on you etc. I get that, yes, it would be easier for me to find someone else. But the point is that it doesn't mean that I have addressed these feelings and the truth is I need to leave them behind me. But yet when you tell me that I need to move my sights to something else etc, what I hear you say is " Out of sight, out of mind." Which I interpret as cut you off from the relationship that I have been used to with you and move on to something different, something better. Something more practical and useful for me. But yet you take it as, still be around, still be present still focus on building our friendship- but do you understand that that doesn't help me let go of those emotions and feelings that I have for you.
You get upset that I don't say "Hi" to you when I pass you in the hallway, or that when I see you the way I speak to you is a little "agitated" etc. You get mad at me when I don't look you in the face, or the fact that I don't text you as much, or at all anymore. But yet you get upset, but it is a two-way street. If we are going to work at being friends than we both have to work at what that means. The girl who text you everyday is gone, because those actions were coming from a place of me wanting to get to know you for my own personal benefit, rather than getting to know you as a friend. So what does that say about me?
Ugh and without you really understanding where I am coming from or what these feelings mean for me, I am just lost and confused.
All I can say is "Actions speak louder than words." If you want me to interact with you, I need to know that you are there (for all intensive purposes). Not that you just got bored or had nothing to do so coming to see me became the next best thing.
--K

No comments: