Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Taking from Kanye- "Here's a toast to the ..."

So normally I spend my blogs talking about my life through the medium of music. While at times, I know I don't always come right out and say what's going on and this is probably going to be the same sort of deal. But instead of using music as my intro or as my muse, I am going to bring something a little different for ya. Y'all did't know I write poetry. I'm little rusty so don't judge me but here goes nothing:

Sorry is not enough

When the shattered pieces of a broken heart are trying to mend themselves
sometimes sorry is not enough....

Sometimes sorry makes no sense, some times sorry is not enough...

Late at night wiping a shower of tears away from my face, sometimes sorry
is not enough...

Sorry makes YOU feel better, but it doesn't change the pain I'm left
dealing and healing with...

So I'll say thank you for your sorry, but know sometimes sorry is not
enough. That sometimes, SOME TIME IS!

~ DW (Destiny Winters- my poetry name)

_______________________________________________________________________________
A letter to the person this poem was directed at:
I really don't do well talking about this part of myself. The part that is a little bit bruised etc. Especially when I am used to just closing off and putting up a wall and really just saying "Dueces" to it all...
So realize that I completely understand that when you say sorry you mean it. No one really asked for any of this and there are some thngs that you just can't help.
And while I recognize your apology, I need you to also recognize that sometimes sorry is not enough to make everything right again or "normal." Sometimes time is. There are going to be moments when I'm not going to talk or where I get annoyed, upset, whatever. I have to correct the lines of communication between my head and my other nerves. Unfortunately that means that you need to know that although you may want the ole me back, it's going to be a little bit for the rest of me to catch up where my head is. And there are some moments that we share that are going to bring me back to the feelings that I am trying to turn away from. So I need your patience and a little bit of your understanding so that I can get back to building a friendship that we started...
Signed,
a little bit of the woman I used to be, and a little bit of the woman that I am today...

- more to be discovered tomorrow

No comments: