Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My American Beauty: TAKE TWO

MY American Beauty

As inspired by the bag scene from American Beauty, I want to explore the movement of leaves against the wind. I shot footage at multiple locations, where I or friends manipulated or rather added to the movement of leaves, and where I just filmed the movement of leaves in their own element with no interference. I am still unclear  as far as what filtering I may do with my scenes, but here is a more complete or more developed narrative than before.

I want my DVD to open up with the scene "bad" scene from American Beauty .  I want to then pull up my menu:

MY SCENES (tentative):

Scene 1:  " MY American Beauty"
                Will open with footage I took at the Smithsonian interacting two areas of film and the movement of leaves

Scene 2: "Rose Garden"
               With this Scene I want to be able to play with music and color. I shot footage of roses in the Smithsonian Garden and I want to explore the movement of color with the roses to music

Scene 3: "Yellow Tree"
I captured footage of this ONE Yellow Tree in the Smithsonian, I'd like to explore the dimensions and angles of that tree. At one point the wind blew so hard that it looks like the tree is snowing, but its just the leaves falling. I do not yet know how to play with that, but I would like to use these shots somehow.

Scene 4:  " Yellow Tree Stacked"
Again this scene will in someway explore the dimensions of the tree, from all its angles,. I liked the idea of stacking these clips as a way to pull the whole scene together. Except you do not see the tree in a linear order. You may see the top of the tree, than the trunk, or one branch, but not this top to bottom or bottom to top view.

Scene 4 and 5 (may be together, if I decide to include them): "Lonely"
           I shot these images and some linkages were that there were "lonely" benches in some of the footage. I want to put together a montage somehow to the tune of "Lonely". Also i took this shot of a lone leaf blowing on the sidewalk, and I'd like to play with that in this scene  as well.
            My concern, is that my narrative does not really speak as far as a story goes, at least not in the way that one would expect a story to "speak" so I am hoping that I am not grasping at straws.  ANY IDEAS?

No comments: