Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nature


Narrative Outline:

Working with the idea of nature in its elements and how they all intertwine. Goal this weekend November 14-16th is to take as much footage of nature elements to work with so that I can begin capturing and creating my narrative on monday.


My link in this story is that nature itself, and how it moves.. I kind of took my inspiration from the movie  American Beauty. There is a scene where one of the characters is shooting the bag blowing through the air. That scene is sort of my inspiration in really looking and exploring the beauty of nature, at its best.

[Again my problem is trying to create the story that flows well. But I think that the movement of nature tells its own story and I just need to figure out how to make the story speak more about itself (if that makes sense)]

Vignette 1: Exploring leaves falling, slowing them down, reversing the way they fall etc. I think that for the most part my story will be told more through how the videos can be manipulated to make you see nature in a certain light, than actually telling a story.

Vignette 2: The second scene is going to take the leaf falling and moving it throughout other scenes; by superimposing it into other footage that I have captured.

Vignette 3: I took footage of roses on the National Mall. I want to play with color manipulation and see if I can have the color changing on the individual roses to music.  I do not know how well I can actually play with the color and music tempo, but I want to explore this facet a little bit more.



No comments: