Saturday, July 26, 2014

We never know who we really are...

I'm in a little state of reflection today as I have had moments to just think back on my experiences and life these last couple of weeks. It's been quite the reflection and perspective shift that I have needed in my life.

This last week I have been involved in a team training and retreat and like many of Student Affairs we push ourselves outside of our comfort zones to inundate ourselves in Team Building etc.

Anyway let's just say that a lot was prompted during this week and particularly during the retreat that was helpful and stirred a lot for me that was positive. So I wrote down this statement, the title of this blog- "We never know who we really are," It was a quote that was stated prior to our conversation on communication styles.

For me I think it is really telling- we don't know who we are and it's because each day we live we change a little bit and we are still going through our life, figuring out who we are. There are definitely foundations of our identity that won't change- our heritage, our familial ties etc. But how we react to things does change as we learn lessons and experience life. So I definitely agree with this statement- "We never know who we really are," because we are in flux constantly being shaped and influenced by the life we are living.

It's a good thing though, I wouldn't want to go through this world, without experiencing the life I have lived.

That's all she wrote...

No comments: