Saturday, July 26, 2014

Enjoying the skin I am in

Hey World,
 It's been a while!! Sorry to leave you without a little me in your life, I am hoping not to do that again in the near future.

I have been through a lot, not bad, but these last few months since my last post, I am really seeing my life for what it is. When I stopped trying to control my life, I started LIVING... I hope that makes sense. But we spend so much time controlling our every movements and trying to get out of situations some certain results. But when I started to let go of that, and see myself as God made me. I then began to live my life out of joy and a fullness that I haven't had in a very long time.

 So here I am 28, and with a lot more awareness than I have had in the past, and making more sense regarding the world around me. Things I know about myself, I am never truly satisfied. I also, know that I am not seeking perfectionism, just a little bit of stability, comfort and consistence in my life. It's not going to be easy living, and since I don't really know what that means either, I won't allow myself to be disappointed.

But here's what I am realizing for myself more and more. I have been fairly consistent in who I am- I am blunt, direct, I know what I want out of personal relationships- some exceptions, I am still learning what I want out of the intimate personal relationships.

And with that comes patience and understanding that I am dealing with people. And that relationships are more than just me. I find it funny, as a child you can't wait to grow up and do adult things right. I often hear people saying they wish they could reclaim the good ole days. But my good days are what I am living, I am not looking back and saying I wish I could re-experience that again. I have a vibrant life that I am blessed to live and a faith that reminds me that even in my flaws and shortcomings I am a work in progress and that is okay.

I have been in a constant state of reflection these last few months, probably because I am about to enter my last year in my 20s, and when I look back this last decade of my life has been an awesome one! I found my voice, I moved outside of the shadow of my parents' actions and finally created my own story of what I wanted. So with my birthday almost 12 days away I am going to enjoy these next few weeks of reflection and am looking forward to what 29 will bring!

That's all she wrote folks...

No comments: