Saturday, July 2, 2011

My best advice is too... (brought to you by TeamPGS)

.. Love yourself! This is a special blog brought to you be TeamPGS.. The movement that I hope will build confidence in young women throughout the world. It started with a song, and then I adopted it into my life movement, something that has kept be grounded and still keeps me grounded as I build strength and confidence in myself.
  A lot of changes are happening in my life, and they happen in a lot of people's lives. I mean if you don't deal with change, are you really living? Anyways, through all of the changes, good and bad, sometimes you need God and your own strength to get through it. And what I have learned ESPECIALLY in this last year is that the one person you must rely on the most is yourself and before you can give love to others, you have to give love to yourself. Not many people are ready for that, or are able to give themselves what they truly need.
  I think everyone needs an "Eat * Pray* Love" moment, and well mine came from watching the movie and not reading the book, although.. I WILL read the book soon enough. But at any rate, mine came from watching the movie and I am pleased to say that I have started on the path to finding myself and finding that person that can be all that I need. I think we are all capable of loving another person and being loved, it's just a matter of time and patience.
  but I don't agree with waiting, I don't agree with settling for the first person to come along either. I don't want to be chasing love all of my life, I don't want to feel like what I have is "a lot like love" but not quite it. I may be naive in thinking that I can have it all, but why can't I?
  My friends ask me what am I looking for, and to be honest I don't know. I don't think I have a type, just like my friends, I like my men in different packages-- with different backgrounds. I just want someone who can tell a good joke, make me laugh. Relax with me, think that staying in and watching movies is just as fun as chillin with friends. Someone who takes care of me how I take care of everyone else, or at least acknowledges the love I have for other people, whether he takes care of me in the same way or not. I want to be respected, I want to be cherished, but most of all I want my best friend. Someone who gets me, they do not by any circumstances have to be like me, but they just have to compliment me. I want someone I can bicker with, but love hard with.. And if that is a lot for one person to handle, then I'm sorry onto the next one. I realize from the lessons other friends have taught me that sometimes substituting my career in place of finding love is a hard thing to do, but like I said I am not settling for the first person who makes me weak in the knees. I am not going to sit there and think that that relationship is it for me. And I know it's not like the movies, but is it too much to ask to have a person who respects me, who wants to love me and cherish me?
  To all of you out there, I have to say make time to get to know you. You are the one person who has to live with yourself 24/7, you have to be happy with the person you see in the mirror.
 And a piece of advice from my mistakes-- make sure to get out there. I have a great time when I am out, but I don't make enough time to do it. Which is my BIG fail and something I HAVE to get better at. So as I get ready to turn 26, I have a lot more growing to do-- I have to push my comfort levels and get out there, meet new people and explore different environments. Wish me the best! And good luck to you all!
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments: