Monday, January 2, 2023

2023 30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 2

 Hey y'all it's ya girl -- Kee! I didn't put 2 and 2 together that today is January 2nd, which means my last post is a day behind. So here we go with Day 2 of the 2023 30 Day Writing Challenge. 


I told myself I couldn't __________, but now I am trying to ________.

The stories we tell ourselves right? They might not even be words that we speak over ourselves, but it might be the actions we take or the things we don't do. I guess somewhere within me, the thing I told myself is that my achievements are what make me me. It's not that achieving things is not a good thing, but somewhere I conditioned myself that achieving was my ONLY thing. That doing things, even if honorable, was who I am. But I am more than the things I accomplish, the moments of generosity and care. Now I am trying to learn more about who I am, who I want to be. To build a confidence within me that is encouraged to lead and love well. I am giving myself grace when I fall short of my own boundaries/goals. Taking more time to pause in between the moments to enjoy the win. 

At the end of 2021 I had the honor of interviewing two incredible authors, activists, leaders of this generation. The interviews are recorded and I have yet to go back and watch them. I should... 


That's all she wrote...

No comments: