Thursday, August 26, 2010

25 is the new 21!!


So if you don't know, I just celebrated a FABULOUS birthday. I am 25 years old and I am FINALLY in a place in my life where I can see so many of my dreams coming true. I feel more comfortable, confident and just plain HAPPY to be me right now.
Over the last few days I have been thinking about some things I want to do in this new year. So I guess given that I am 25 I will make a list of 25 things I hope to accomplish in this next year of my life. Here goes nothing:

Academic:
1. Stay Current (Political Science is my passion, so I need to stay current in order to keep this passion strong)

2. Build Relationships with Grad Professors and students (I am finding that I still have one foot caught in the UnderGraduate door and I need to branch out and sort of move on. It's not bad thing, but I do need to make more of a concious effort to make changes)

3. 4.0 (I want a 4.0 this semester. So I am going to bust my butt to get it)

4. Network (I am in the last stages of my college career, this is an opportunity for me to make the best of the relationships that I have and will have especially when it comes to my profession)

5. Read more (I love to read, and I haven't been on top of my game as much as I need to be, so I want to read more and I have a HUGE book list and I will get through it)

People Relationships:
1. Date (I am FINALLY in a place that I am comfortable with me, which means that I am ready to put me out there so here is to jumping into the dating pool)
*** If I was to go on a date here are my ideas
- RockClimbing
- Picnic on the National Mall and the day in the Botanical Garden
- Ice Skating at the National Art Gallery and Sculpture Gardens
- BTWs what happened to a nice home cooked meal, a movie and wine? (that would be a great date)

2. Foster Identities of the people I encounter (okay so like I mentioned in the previous goal, I am finally comfortable with myself, so I want to pass on the tools that helped me get to where I am. The tools I used to help me get rid of the insecurities I used to hold on to, etc.)

3.Family Relationships (I think it's straight forward, but my family relationships, especially with my mother are not as strong as I want them to be. I think the point is that instead of pushing them away completely, I need to be open to the expereince. Our time on this earth is short- I don't want to waste it angry)

4. Strengthen Friendships (I have lived far enough away from my friends who are practicaly my family. I have been there for their babies births and in spirit at Weddings. I just know that as I get older time gets longer and well I need to make a better effort to keep in touch with people while I build these new relationships as well)

5. My personal growth and development as an individual and how I see myself and my relationship wtih God

Health
1. Get through 60 days of Insanity
2.Run 8 miles
3. I want a 4 Pack by the end of the year (NO JOKE)
4. Better Healthy eating habits
5. Incorporate Strength Training

Travel
- Haiti
- New Orleans (So the plan was that I was going to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, my first Mardi Gras now that I am an adult. Well due to a change in my Haiti Schedule I will be going to New Orleans later in the year)
- Miami
- Begin planning my trip across the country (I have travled to all but 3 states. But this all happened when I was much younger, so I would like to revist many of the places that I have been before with the hopes that I can relive some of these experiences. The goal is to do this before I am 30)

* And the biggest goal I have for the year is to budget. This summer I got myself into quite a pickle financially and now I am doing what I can to recover, but I need to do better. Once I get over this "hump" than I will be well on my way to the financial stability that I can enjoy.
But for now it's time to suck it up and do what I can to not have these issues again. Which means sadly, that Keesha will not be going out for a while.

No comments: