Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon

Hey y'all,
 I will feel really dumb if I am repeating myself in this blog post today, but I will feel even worse if I do not talk about this critical decision I have made. I signed up for the Chicago Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon, 11-11-11. The race will be July 22nd, 2012. I don't know where I will be come July or May for that matter, but I do know that I will be running in my first major race on July 22nd.
  I have been training (well attempting the training) I try to get in 3 miles each time I run. I am hoping that starting next month I can get up to 6 miles each run and then by March be at 10 Miles and finally April-June 13 miles. My goal is to finish the race in 2:45.. We'll see if I can do it. I need to be motivated though, I have had virtually no time with work and classes that it has become a challenge just to keep up with my life.
    I am getting there though, I have created my own strategy and will continue to work at it. Baby steps right!
 Well I just wanted to share, as some of my posts will hopefully be about my health and my running. Still on that PGS! #Leggo!

No comments: